Contains 1 Result:
The Scientific Society of Swarthmore College was organized in 1880. In 1895, it was renamed the Joseph Leidy Scientific Society. The organization was open to students, faculty and staff as well as local residents of the Borough of Swarthmore. Its mission was to keep abreast of developments in science. The collection contains the constitution, a published paper read before the Society, and a book of minutes, 1902-1915.