Contains 28 Results:
Indenture, Benjamin and Jemima (Booth) Townsend of Upper Chichester to Sarah (Davis) Reynolds, widow of Henry Reynolds, and her children, 19 Mar. 1785
Ffor two tracts of land along Naaman's Creek. Filed in oversize chart case.
Mortgage obligation of George Pearson of Ridley Township, miller, to John Talbot of Upper Chichester, 25 Jan. 1794
For a grist mill and saw mill belonging to Talbot in Chichester Township. Also receipt bearing date of 22 Mar. 1798, from John Talbot to George Pearson.
Mortgage obligation of John Broomall to John Talbot, for two tracts of land in Upper Chichester Township, 14 Apr. 1808
Indenture between William and Elizabeth M. Booth of Chester and Henry N. Garrett of Philadelphia for land on Allegheny Ave., Philadelphia, 24 Dec. 1870
Land survey done for Joseph Talbot and John Talbot, n.d., 1802 (respectively)
Two manumissions of enslaved people, 1787, 1798
One by Thomas Dick of Chichester, 13 Mar, 1787, and the other by Ralph Robinson on behalf of his mother-in- law, Mary Cannon, of Northwest Fork Hundred, Sussex Co., Delaware, 2 Aug. 1798. John Talbot appears to have been involved in these transactions, perhaps on behalf of Chichester Meeting.
Agreement of sale and other papers in connection with the purchase of a lot on Nippon Street, Germantown, Philadelphia, by Robert E. Lamb, 1915-16
Papers concerning the disposition of the land and building of the Henry Co., Iowa, Institute of Science, 1812, 1816, 1849
The Institute was founded and built by George Miller (1797-1869), who died unmarried in Trenton, Henry Co. He was a son of George and Mary (Levis) Miller, and brother of John and Levis Miller. After his death his relatives in Delaware Co., PA, deeded over the building and land to the Iowa managers of the Institute for use as a library. Later, in 1956, the Delaware Co. heirs sold the building to an American Legion post. Includes accounts and receipts, 1812, 1816, and 1849.