Intercollegiate Peace Association Collected Records
Biographical / Historical
The Association, organized in 1905 at Goshen College Indiana by peace-church college people, conducted conferences to promote peace and arbitration. Oratorical contests were held, prizes awarded, and the winners' essays published. The oratorical contests were limited during the war years. In 1943 upon the deaths of Mary and Helen Seabury (the primary benefactors of the prizes) the name of the organization changed to the Intercollegiate Peace Speech Association. However, there is no evidence of the existence of the Association after 1950.
0.08 Linear Feet (1 linear in.)
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
- Description rules
- Archives, Personal Papers, And Manuscripts (Appm)
- Language of description
- Script of description
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting or requesting reproductions from Swarthmore College Peace Collection Library
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore 19081-1399 USA US