Skip to main content
Archives & Manuscripts

Koinonia Partners Collected Records

 Collection
Identifier: SCPC-CDG-A-Koinonia Partners

Dates

  • 1942-

Creator

Biographical / Historical

Koinonia Farm began in 1942 as a Christian community on a farm near Americus, Georgia, by Clarence Jordan and others. Its purpose was communal living as a witness to Christian teachings on peace and brotherhood, and the introduction of scientific farming methods to the area. The community lived in peace with its neighbors in the early years, but eventually became the target of hostility because of its witness against race prejudice. It was renamed Koinonia Partners in 1968.

Extent

0.2 Linear Feet

Language

English

General Note

The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.

Creator

Description rules
Archives, Personal Papers, And Manuscripts (Appm)
Language of description
Undetermined
Script of description
Code for undetermined script

Find It at the Library

Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Swarthmore College Peace Collection Library

Contact:
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore 19081-1399 USA US
610-328-8557
610-328-8544 (Fax)