Skip to main content

World Republic Collected Records

 Collection
Identifier: SCPC-CDG-A-World Republic

Dates

  • 1946-1947

Biographical / Historical

Begun in 1946 at Northwestern University by a group of five combat veterans and two students, the organization first called itself Students for Federal World Government. All seven founders left the university to promote world government and world citizenship. In 1947, the name was changed to World Republic, and the headquarters moved to Chicago. It was affiliated with the International Registry of World Citizens in Paris.

Extent

0.04 Linear Feet (.5 linear in.)

Language

English

General Note

The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin

Find It at the Library

Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Swarthmore College Peace Collection Library

Contact:
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore 19081-1399 USA US
610-328-8557
610-328-8544 (Fax)