Vietnam Veterans Against the War Collected Records
Collection includes material from the national VVAW, the VVAW/Winter Soldier Organization, and branch material from Kansas City, Philadelphia, Chicago, New England, New York, and Milwaukee.
- Vietnam Veterans Against the War (Organization)
Biographical / Historical
The founders were former servicemen and servicewomen who served in Vietnam and who opposed the United States government's policy during the Vietnamese Conflict, sometimes in the face of public apathy, indifference and even hostility and harassment. They testified in the 1971 Winter Soldier Investigation as to the extent of atrocities against Viet Cong prisoners, civilians, and illegal border incursions into noncombatant countries.
0.42 Linear Feet (5 linear in.)
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
- Government, Resistance to -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Veterans -- Political activity -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Vietnam Veterans Against the War
- Vietnam Veterans Against the War/Winter Soldier Organization
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- United States -- Sources
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting or requesting reproductions from Swarthmore College Peace Collection Library
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore 19081-1399 USA US