Skip to main content
Archives & Manuscripts

Coalition for Peace Action Collected Records

 Collection
Identifier: SCPC-CDG-A-Coalition for Peace Action
Collection includes printouts from emails, and publicity materials.

Dates

  • Majority of material found within 2005-

Language of Material

Materials are in English.

Restrictions on Access

Collection is open for research without restrictions.

Extent

0.42 Linear Feet (5 linear in.)

Biographical / Historical

Founded in 1980 under the name Coalition to Reverse the Nuclear Arms Race; changed name in 1980 to Coalition for Nuclear Disarmament, and again in 1992 or 1993 to Coalition for Peace Action; headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey; formed as part of the nuclear weapons freeze movement. Mission: "The Coalition for Peace Action (CFPA) is a grassroots citizens' organization bringing together people of all ages, backgrounds, professions and political persuasions around three goals: global abolition of nuclear weapons, a peace economy and a halt to weapons trafficking at home and abroad"; sponsored conferences, fairs, rallies, and candidate briefings.

General Note

The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of the Coalition for Peace Action or its predecessors.
Description rules
dacs

Find It at the Library

Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Swarthmore College Peace Collection Library

Contact:
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore 19081-1399 USA US
610-328-8557
610-328-8544 (Fax)