Dunnings Creek and Fishertown Monthly Meetings Records,
Scope and Contents
Records of Dunnings Creek and Fishertown Monthly Meetings, 1794-1990. Includes men's and joint minutes 1803-1973, women's minutes 1803-1867, 1883-1887, worship & ministry and its predecessors 1922, vital records 1803-1990, financial records 1935-1938, property records 1794-1868, committees 1894-1897,1909-1929, 1943, 1956-1971, and miscellaneous 1904.
Language of Materials
Records in English
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Collection is open for research. Access may be provided via digital or microfilm copy, per repository policy.
Copyright and Rights Information
Information on reproduction policies available in the Library.
Biographical / Historical
Dunnings Creek was established as a monthly meeting in 1803 by Warrington Quarterly Meeting. Following the Separation of 1828, the majority of members in the meeting affiliated with the Hicksite branch of Friends. Orthodox Friends withdrew and established the Dunnings Creek Monthly Meeting (Orthodox) in 1831; this meeting became Fishertown Monthly Meeting in 1918. In 2010 Fishertown Monthly Meeting merged with Dunnings Creek.
In 1790 all meetings in Northern Virginia, Western Maryland, Nottingham Quarter, and meetings farther west in Pennsylvania were assigned to Baltimore Yearly Meeting.
1.75 Linear Feet
Divided into series: 1.Men's and Joint Minutes; 2.Women's Minutes; 3.Worship & Ministry and its Predecessors; 4.Vital Records; 5.Financial Records; 6.Property Records; 7.Committees; 8.Miscellaneous.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Deposit, Baltimore Yearly Meeting.
Vol. 1.2 includes list of members. Vol. 1.7 includes miscellaneous correspondence. Vol. 6. 1 includes correspondence between Hiram Blackburn and Dr. I. H. Betz. Vol. 6.3 and 6.4 include names of pupils enrolled. See Pamphlet Group 1 for Burials. Meetinghouse Centennial Exhibit (1987) is stored in Picture Cupboard
- Bedford County (Pa.) -- Genealogy
- Dunnings Creek Monthly Meeting (Society of Friends : Hicksite : Fishertown, Pa.)
- Dunnings Creek Monthly Meeting (Society of Friends: Fishertown, Pa.)
- Fishertown Monthly Meeting (Society of Friends : Fishertown, Pa.)
- Fishertown Monthly Meeting (Society of Friends : Hicksite : Fishertown, Pa.)
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Bedford County
- RECORDS OF DUNNINGS CREEK AND FISHERTOWN MONTHLY MEETINGS
- A Finding Aid for its Records Deposited in Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College and Haverford College Quaker Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library