Nottingham Quarterly Meeting Records
Scope and Contents
Records of Nottingham Quarterly Meeting, 1819-1990. Includes men's and joint minutes 1819-1990, women's minutes 1819-93, Ministers and Elders minutes 1819-1973, financial and property records 1886-1918, and reports to Yearly Meeting 1835-82.
- Baltimore Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Nottingham Quarterly Meeting (Organization)
Language of Materials
Records in English
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Collection is open for research. Access may be provided via digital or microfilm copy, per repository policy.
Copyright and Rights Information
Information on reproduction policies available in the Library.
Biographical / Historical
Nottingham Quarterly Meeting was established in 1819 under Baltimore Yearly Meeting. It included Nottingham and Little Britain meetings from the Western Quarter of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting, and Deer Creek from Baltimore Quarter. During the Separation of 1828, most of the Quakers in Nottingham Quarter affiliated with Hicksite branch of Friends. Nottingham Quarterly Meeting (Orthodox) continued until it was laid down in 1855 by Baltimore Yearly Meeting (Orthodox) at the time of the Wilburite separation.
3 Linear Feet
Divided into series: 1.Men's and Joint Minutes; 2.Women's Minutes; 3.Ministers & Elders; 4.Financial and Property Records; 5.Miscellaneous.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Deposit, Baltimore Yearly Meeting.
Existence and Location of Copies
Also available in microfilm, for use in the Library only: MR-B178, 184, 187-8.
Volumes 1.1-1.3 contain lists of clerks from 1819-1973.
- Baltimore Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1828-1968). -- Nottingham Quarterly Meeting
- Baltimore Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Nottingham Quarterly Meeting
- Society of Friends -- Maryland -- Cecil County
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Chester County
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Lancaster County
- RECORDS OF NOTTINGHAM QUARTERLY MEETING
- A Finding Aid for its Records Deposited in Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library