Western Quarterly Meeting (1797-1817) Records
Scope and Contents
Records of Western Quarterly Meeting, 1797-1817. Includes men's minutes 1797-1817, and women's minutes 1797-1817.
Language of Materials
Records in English
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Collection is open for research. Access may be provided via digital or microfilm copy, per repository policy.
Copyright and Rights Information
Information on reproduction policies available in the Library.
Biographical / Historical
Western Quarterly Meeting was set up in 1797 with the consent of Upper Quarterly Meeting for South River and Goose Creek Monthly Meetings. By 1814 Goose Creek Monthly Meeting was discontinued and membership joined to South River. Western Quarterly Meeting was discontinued in 1817 and South River came under the care of Upper Quarterly Meeting.
0.25 Linear Feet
Divided into series: 1.Men's Minutes; 2.Women's minutes.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Deposit, Baltimore Yearly Meeting.
- Albemarle County (Va.) -- Genealogy
- Bedford County (Va.) -- Genealogy
- Campbell County (Va.) -- Genealogy
- Halifax County (Va.) -- Genealogy
- Society of Friends -- Virginia -- Albemarle County
- Society of Friends -- Virginia -- Bedford County
- Society of Friends -- Virginia -- Campbell County
- Society of Friends -- Virginia -- Halifax County
- Yearly Meeting of Friends, held in Virginia. Western Quarterly Meeting (1797-1817)
- RECORDS OF WESTERN QUARTERLY MEETING (1797-1817)
- A Finding Aid for its Records Deposited in Haverford College Quaker Collection
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library