Colora Preparative Meeting (1890-1945) Records
Scope and Contents
Men’s and Joint Minutes, 1890-1945; Women’s Minutes, 1890-1903.
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Collection is open for research. Access may be provided via digital or microfilm copy, per repository policy.
Copyright and Rights Information
Copyright has not been assigned to the Repositories All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the individual Meeting or its successor. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Repositories as the holder(s) of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by reader.
Biographical / Historical
An indulged Meeting for worship at Colora was established in 1885 by New Garden Monthly Meeting (Pennsylvania) (Orthodox) under the care of West Grove Preparative Meeting (Pennsylvania). A meeting for worship and preparative meeting at Colora were established in 1890 by Western Quarterly Meeting under New Garden Monthly Meeting. In 1945, Colora Preparative Meeting was established as Colora Monthly Meeting.
When Colora Monthly Meeting was discontinued in 1980, a second Colora Preparative Meeting, attached to West Grove Monthly Meeting, was established. This preparative meeting was discontinued in 1983. Currently, Colora Meeting is held from April to November.
1 Linear Feet
This collection is stored at the Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Cecil County (Md.) -- Genealogy
- Colora Preparative Meeting & Colora Meeting (Society of Friends)
- New Garden Monthly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : Chester County, Pa.)
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1827-1955). Western Quarterly Meeting of Friends
- Society of Friends -- Maryland -- Cecil County
- West Grove Preparative Meeting (Society of Friends : Pa.)
- Colora Preparative Meeting (1890-1945) Records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting or requesting reproductions from Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library