Third Haven Monthly Meeting Records
Scope and Contents
Records of Third Haven Monthly Meeting, 1664-1932, include: minute extracts, 1676-1893; births and deaths, 1664-1756; marriage records,1668-1755; miscellaneous papers, including deeds, memorials, minute extracts, etc., 1682-1850; First Day School record book, 1894-1920; visitors' register, 1929-1932.
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Collection is open for research. Access may be provided via digital or microfilm copy, per repository policy.
Copyright and Rights Information
Copyright has not been assigned to the Repositories All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the individual Meeting or its successor. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Repositories as the holder(s) of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by reader.
Biographical / Historical
Third Haven Monthly Meeting was established in 1676. It was transferred to Southern Quarterly Meeting in 1789. Two meetings emerged at the time of the Hicksite separation in 1827; the Orthodox branch was discontinued in 1828. The Hicksite meeting was the forerunner of the current Third Haven Monthly Meeting which reunited with Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Orthodox) in 1955.
8 Linear Feet
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- RECORDS OF THIRD HAVEN MONTHLY MEETING (EASTON, MD)
- A Finding Aid for its Meeting Records Deposited in Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College and Haverford College Quaker Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library