Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Records: First Day School Association
Scope and Contents
Records of First Day School Association of the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Delaware County, PA), 1833-1956, including Association's Minutes (1862-1930), Minutes of its Executive Committee (1862-1913), Minutes of its Small Executive Committee (1912-1914) and the printed papers, proceedings and reports of its annual meetings (1865-1930).
Records germane to the "First Day School Committee", including the Committee's Minutes (1890-1923), Circulating Libraries Records (1893-1901) and other materials, are catalogued among the records of the Religious Education Committee of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting, with which they are also maintained.
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. First Day School Committee (Organization)
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Collection is open for research. Access may be provided via digital or microfilm copy, per repository policy.
Copyright and Rights Information
Copyright has not been assigned to the Repositories. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the individual Meeting or its successor. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Repositories as the holder(s) of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by reader.
Biographical / Historical
The First Day School Assoc. is the committee which provides guidance to the First Day Schools (classes for adults and children, usually held directly before or after Meeting for Worship) of the monthly meetings underneath PYM.
1.5 Linear Feet
This collection is stored at the Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1955)
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1827-1955)
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. First Day School Association
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. First Day School Committee
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Religious Education Committee
- Religious education -- Society of Friends
- Society of Friends -- Delaware
- Society of Friends -- Maryland
- Society of Friends -- New Jersey
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Records: First Day School Association
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Society of Friends: 1676- : Delaware County, Pa.).
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting or requesting reproductions from Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library