Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Orthodox) Records: Teas Committee (1896-1932)
Scope and Contents
Records of the Yearly Meeting Teas Committee begin with the group's appointment in 1896 and consist chiefly of the financial records kept by Treasurer J. Henry Scattergood. Records pertaining to duties of the Committee following its discontinuation (1932- 1948) 1948) are among the Miscellaneous Papers.
- Scattergood, J. Henry (Joseph Henry), 1877-1953 (Contributor, Person)
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Collection is open for research. Access may be provided via digital or microfilm copy, per repository policy.
Copyright and Rights Information
Copyright has not been assigned to the Repositories. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the individual Meeting or its successor. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Repositories as the holder(s) of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by reader.
Biographical / Historical
Appointed in 1896, the Yearly Meeting Teas Committee was invested in organizing the suppers and other catered events at Twelfth Street Meeting during Yearly Meeting week. As the records suggest, the task entailed primarily executing the budget assigned by PYM for this project. The Committee was laid down in 1932.
0.25 Linear Feet
This collection is stored at the Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1827-1955)
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Yearly Meeting Teas Committee
- Society of Friends -- Delaware
- Society of Friends -- Maryland
- Society of Friends -- New Jersey
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Orthodox) Records: Teas Committee (1896-1932)
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Society of Friends: 1676- : Delaware County, Pa.).
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting or requesting reproductions from Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library