Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Records: Friends Temperance Association (1880-1949)
Scope and Contents
Records of the Friends Temperence Association of the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting, 1883-1943, include those of its Main Committee (1925-1939) and Executive Committee (1881-1925), as well as other Miscellaneous Papers (1893-1921) and its publication, "The Outlook" (1892-1898). Additional materials in the QM-Phy-750 collection which includes the successor temperance and alcohol problem committees.
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Committee on Alcohol and Other Drugs (Organization)
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Collection is open for research. Access may be provided via digital or microfilm copy, per repository policy.
Copyright and Rights Information
Copyright has not been assigned to the Repositories. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the individual Meeting or its successor. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Repositories as the holder(s) of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by reader.
Biographical / Historical
According to their constitution, the Friends Temperance Association of PYM is concerned with the promotion of total abstinence from the use of intoxicating drinks as beverages.
1.25 Linear Feet
This collection is stored at the Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Friends Temperance Association of Philadelphia
- Outlook (Periodical)
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1955)
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1827-1955)
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Committee on Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Society of Friends -- Delaware
- Society of Friends -- Maryland
- Society of Friends -- New Jersey
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania
- Temperance -- Pennsylvania -- Societies, etc.
- Temperance and religion -- Society of Friends
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Records: Friends Temperance Association (1880-1949)
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Society of Friends: 1676- : Delaware County, Pa.).
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting or requesting reproductions from Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library