Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
This collection contains papers of the Bettle family, primarily Edward and Jane Temple Bettle.
Overview The Bettle family were prominent 19th century Quaker merchants in Philadelphia. Samuel Bettle, Sr., was Clerk of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting at the time of the Separation in 1827. His son, Samuel Bettle, Jr., was also a Quaker minister. They had at least five children, among whom was Samuel, Jr.; the latter married Mary Ann Jones in 1831. The collection includes correspondence, biographical clippings, business records, and other papers of Samuel Bettle and his family. Correspondents include...
- Names: Bettle, Jane, 1773-1840 X
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 1
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- History 1
- Private schools -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- diaries 1
- speeches (documents) 1
- Bettle, Edward 1
- Bettle, Samuel, 1774-1861 1
- Bettle, Samuel, 1809-1880 1
- Grellet, Stephen, 1773-1855 1
- Haverford College 1