Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
This collection includes letters between Benjamin Ferris and his wife Hannah, his daughters Deborah and Anna M., and his son David. The letters primarily concern farming and local news. One letter by Benjamin Ferris to his daughter describes in detail his encounter with the dancer Fanny Essler. Also included in the collection are several invitations to Deborah Ferris.
Contains correspondence, legal papers, deeds, and memorabilia of the Ferris and Wetherald families, who were Quakers of Wilmington, Delaware, and Lancashire, England. Persons represented include Benjamin Ferris (1780-1867), of Wilmington, Del., and his daughters, Deborah (1813-1897) and Anna M. Ferris (1815-1890), and Joseph Wetherald (1787-1842), of Wilmington, and his brother, James Wetherald, of Wakefield, England.
- British Americans -- Delaware 1
- Delaware -- History -- Sources 1
- Farm life -- Delaware 1
- Quakers -- Delaware 1
- Quakers -- Delaware -- Wilmington 1
- Quakers -- Maryland 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Wilmington (Del.) -- History -- Sources 1 ∧ less
- Essler, Fanny 1
- Farris family 1
- Ferris family 1
- Ferris, David, 1821-1908 1
- Ferris, Hannah, 1793-1860 1