Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview This collection focuses on the personal and professional life of Christopher Darlington Morley. Morley was a professor's son, and he began writing for pleasure very early in life. This collection includes material from his successful academic career, at Haverford College, and as a Rhodes scholar at Oxford University, which consists primarily of notebooks and essays. The bulk of the collection, however, focuses on Morley's professional creative writing, including newspaper columns, essays,...
Overview This is a small group of papers, 1940-1945, primarily relating to Haverford President Felix M. Morley's efforts to balance college support of the war without militarization. A portion of the files are from the files of Board member J. Henry Scattergood. Both the Morley and Scattergood material consist primarily of correspondence on bringing government subsidized non-combatant units to Haverford, as well as Haverford's own Relief and Reconstruction program. There is some information on his...
Dates: 1931-1980; Majority of material found within 1940-1945
- Names: Morley, Felix M. (Felix Muskett) X
- Dramatists, American -- 20th century 1
- Novelists, American -- 20th Century 1
- Poets, American -- 20th century 1
- Rhodes Scholarships 1
- Theater -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Allinson, E. Page (Edward Page) 1
- Brown, H. Tatnall, Jr., 1900-1983 1
- Haverford College 1
- Haverford College. Library 1
- Haverford College. Office of the President 1