Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Overview This organization was stablished around 1956 by Robert Stowell and others as an American affiliate of Service Civil International with the goals of voluntary service, self-discipline, and international friendship. The group operated approximately 87 workcamps between 1954 and 1974. SCI provided placements and alternative service for conscientious objectors. SCI suspended operation in the mid-1970s, but was revived in the mid-1980s by a group of former SCI volunteers.
Found in: Swarthmore College Peace Collection