Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Overview Collected sermons received from miscellaneous sources.
Dates: 1737 - 1870
Abstract This collection contains correspondence received by English Quaker Jonah Thompson. The bulk of these are written by Friends in Pennsylvania, relating the developing conflict between the Pennsylvania government and the Delaware Indians, and expressing concern with the role Quakers should have in a military defense of the colony. Included is a detailed account of developments regarding this issue in the Pennsylvania government by James Pemberton. Other prominent Philadelphia correspondents...
- Delaware Indians -- Government relations 1
- Indians of North America -- Pennsylvania 1
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 1
- Pennsylvania -- Politics and government -- 18th century 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- History -- 18th century 1
- Society of Friends -- Sermons 1 ∧ less
- Cadwallader, Priscilla, 1786-1859 1
- Chalkley, Thomas, 1675-1741 1
- Churchman, George, 1730-1814 1
- Cornell, John J., 1826-1909 1
- Fothergill, Samuel 1