Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Ackworth School was founded in 1779 as a co-educational boarding school for Quaker children by Dr. John Fothergill and other Quakers. It is located in West Workshire, England. It was intended to be a board school for children whose parents were not rich. This collection is comprised of four volumes, one of which is a transcription of one of the other volumes. They all relate to the rules and regulations for the Ackworth School in England.
This manuscript reports Hans Albrecht's visit to the United States from Germany in 1926, written in German. Sections of the report include topics such as, "factory farms and workers questions," "politics," "prohibition," "school and culture," and "the negro problem."
Frank S. Loescher's manuscript includes discussion of America's "race problem," and his experiences with race relations while teaching in the American South and while he served as a consultant to the Institute of Race Relations in South Africa.
This collection contains one volume of minutes (1866 - 1882) from the Trustees of the Milcah Martha Moore Fund. The minutes consist of treasurer reports, and decisions about use of the funds.
The copy book of Catherine Morris includes a list of place names, religious and moral quotations, and an acrostic poem of the alphabet, all of which were used by Morris to practice her handwriting. The end of the volume also includes different text styles, which were labeled as Square text, Roman print, German text, and Italic print.
The Society for Home Culture records includes four volumes: three volumes of minutes, which include tipped in annual reports, and lists of students with the subject they studied, by year; and one volume of a list of books to be studied, which includes the name of items, sometimes a brief description of the item, and the date of publication.
This collection is comprised of the correspondence, manuscripts, and research notes concerning Tinkcom's research on the Friends Select School.
- Education -- United States 8
- Quakers -- History 4
- Society of Friends -- Education 4
- Quakers 3
- manuscripts (documents) 3
- Quakers -- Education 2
- Women -- Education 2
- Adult education of women 1
- Children -- United States -- History 1
- Education 1
- Haverford (Pa.) 1
- Pennsylvania -- Politics and Government -- 1865-1950 1
- Poverty 1
- Quakers -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Montgomery County 1
- Race 1
- Society of Friends -- Education -- United States 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- History -- Sources 1
- Travel -- 20th century 1
- United States -- History 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- United States -- Race relations 1
- Women -- Education -- Pennsylvania 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- correspondence 1
- diaries 1
- research notes 1 ∧ less
- English 8
- German 1
- Morris, Samuel, 1827-1905 2
- Albrecht, Hans 1
- Allen family 1
- Carter family 1
- Dillwyn, George, 1738-1820 1
- Elfreth, Jacob R. Jr., 1837-1924 1
- Gwynedd Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (1936- ) 1
- Haines, John S. 1
- Haverford College 1
- Haverford College. Quaker Affairs 1
- Loescher, Frank S. 1
- Moore, Milcah Martha 1
- Morris, Catherine 1
- Sharpless, Ann 1
- Sharpless, Isaac, 1848-1920 1
- Smith, Daniel B. 1
- Society for Home Culture 1
- Tinkcom, Margaret 1
- Westtown Boarding School 1 ∧ less