Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Overview The Lightfoot family was a Pennsylvania Quaker family descended from Thomas Lightfoot, a Quaker minister who emigrated from Ireland to Kennett Monthly Meeting in 1716 with his family. The collection includes three journals which have been attributed to his grandson Thomas on the basis of contextual detail. These accounts document visits to meetings in the mid Atlantic region, New Jersey to Virginia, from 1757 to 1760. Jacob Lightfoot, a son of Thomas and Sarah Lightfoot, married Mary...
Dates: 1737-ca. 1948
- Library: Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College X
- Subject: Indians of North America -- Missions X
- Subject: Quakers -- Pennsylvania X
- Subject: Indians of North America -- Government relations -- 1869-1934 X
- Names: Maiden Creek Preparative Meeting (Society of Friends : 1735-1829 : Maiden Creek (Pa. : Township)) X