Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Overview The collection represents two branches of the Sharpless family of Pennsylvania descended from Joseph and Lydia (Lewis) Sharpless). It contains correspondence between extended Sharpless family relations including Sharpless, Hunn, Jones, Drinker families and journals of Joshua Sharpless, a Quaker minister who worked with Native Americans and visited Quaker meetings in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Canada. Correspondence covers various topics including the travels of women ministers, yellow fever,...
- Library: Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College X
- Subject: Quakers -- Social life and customs X
- Subject: Society of Friends -- United States X
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 X
- Names: Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends Library X
- Names: Sharpless family X