Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Convention of Delegates from the Seven Yearly Meetings (Hicksite) on Indian Affairs. Executive Central Committee Records
Overview The Convention of Delegates was an association of seven Hicksite Yearly Meetings who managed Indian affairs in the Northern Superintendency during the period of President U.S. Grant's “Peace Policy.” The collection contains correspondence and reports of Indian agents, extracts from minutes and reports, financial records, legislative documents, and printed materials published by the convention. Persons represented include William Burgess, John G. Gasmann, Albert L. Green, Samuel M. Janney,...
- Library: Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College X
- Subject: Quakers -- Social service -- United States X
- Subject: Society of Friends -- Indian affairs X
- Names: Green, Albert Lamborn, 1845-1947 X
- Names: Convention of Delegates of the Seven Yearly Meetings on Indian Affairs (Society of Friends : Hicksite) X