Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Overview Norman Jehiel Whitney (1891-1967) was a Quaker teacher, writer and devoted peace worker. From 1919-1957 he helped establish, and directed for many years, the Syracuse Peace Council. He left Syracuse in 1957 to work for the American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) in peace education. Whitney's major peace work was in the area of counseling conscientious objectors to war (COs), particularly those in Civilian Public Service (CPS) camps. In 1941 he helped establish the New York State Board for...
Found in: Swarthmore College Peace Collection
- Library: Swarthmore College Peace Collection X
- Subject: War -- Moral and ethical aspects -- History -- Sources X
- Subject: World War, 1939-1945 -- Conscientious objectors -- Sources X
- Subject: Draft resisters -- United States -- History -- Sources X
- Subject: Quakers -- United States -- History -- Sources X