Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Sunnycrest Farm for Negro Boys was founded in 1855 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, as the Home for Destitute Colored Children, a Hicksite Quaker women's charity which provided shelter and education for black children (generally boys) and then placed them with private families. The Home built a new facility in Cheyney, Pa, in 1922, and the name was changed to Sunnycrest Farm for Negro Boys in 1945. The collection contains minutes, financial and legal records, and reports.
- Subject: African Americans -- Services for -- Pennsylvania X
- Subject: African Americans -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- Population X
- Subject: Quakers -- Pennsylvania X
- Subject: Charities -- Pennsylvania X
- Subject: Nonprofit organizations -- Pennsylvania X
- Subject: Youth -- Employment -- Pennsylvania X