Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Associated Executive Committee of Friends on Indian Affairs
Overview Records deal with the work of Friends in running mission stations in Oklahoma to the Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma (Bah Kho-je), the Modoc Nation, the Kickapoo Tribe of Oklahoma, the Otoe-Missouria Tribe of Indians, the Shawnee Tribe, the Osage Nation (Wahzhazhe) and other Native American peoples. Letters from superintendents and missionaries in the field describe the difficulties and experiences of Friends in their work. Topics discussed include attempts to Christianize Native Americans, improve...
Enoch Hoag letterbooks
Letters to the Commissioner of Indian Affairs in Washington, letters to Indian Agents under the jurisdiction of Hoag, and letters characterized as "Individual letters" from 1870 to 1878.
Enoch Hoag papers
This collection includes correspondence, financial papers, and an account book concerning the finances of the Central Superintendency and Quaker work involving Native Americans.
- Indians of North America -- Government relations 2
- Church work with Indians -- Society of Friends 1
- Indians of North America -- Government relations -- 1789-1869 1
- Indians of North America -- Missions 1
- Indians of North America -- Oklahoma 1
- Kickapoo Indians -- History 1
- Modoc Indians -- History 1
- Osage Indians -- History 1
- Oto Indians -- History 1
- Shawnee Indians -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- Indian affairs 1 ∧ less
- Hoag, Enoch, 1812-1884 2
- Cornplanter, Seneca chief 1
- Kelsey, Rayner Wickersham 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1827-1955). Indian Committee (1827-1948) 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends Library 1