Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Associated Executive Committee of Friends on Indian Affairs
Overview Records deal with the work of Friends in running mission stations in Oklahoma to the Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma (Bah Kho-je), the Modoc Nation, the Kickapoo Tribe of Oklahoma, the Otoe-Missouria Tribe of Indians, the Shawnee Tribe, the Osage Nation (Wahzhazhe) and other Native American peoples. Letters from superintendents and missionaries in the field describe the difficulties and experiences of Friends in their work. Topics discussed include attempts to Christianize Native Americans, improve...
"An Autobiography and Family History"
In addition to providing genealogical information about his ancestors, Barclay White's family history and autobiography describes his early life in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and his work with various Native tribes as an "Indian Agent."
- Indians of North America 1
- Indians of North America -- Government relations 1
- Indians of North America -- Missions 1
- Indians of North America -- Oklahoma 1
- Kickapoo Indians -- History 1
- Modoc Indians -- History 1
- Omaha Indians 1
- Osage Indians -- History 1
- Oto Indians 1
- Oto Indians -- History 1
- Pawnee Indians 1
- Quakers -- History 1
- Shawnee Indians -- History 1
- Winnebago Indians 1 ∧ less
- Cornplanter, Seneca chief 1
- Kelsey, Rayner Wickersham 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1827-1955). Indian Committee (1827-1948) 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends Library 1
- Sniffen, Matthew K. 1