Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 15
"Massacre: A Play"
Charlotte Brate's play, "Massacre," describes a fictional event in the life of William Penn. It takes place in Germantown, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in 1683, and describes the white settlers' fear of an "Indian massacre" and misunderstandings between the settlers and the Lenni-Lenape.
Samuel J. Bunting scrapbook
Samuel J. Bunting's scrapbook includes Quaker meeting minutes, sheet music, clippings related to the Society of Friends, poetry, printed religious illustrations of Quakers, materials related to the Sesqui-Centennial International Exposition, clippings related to history of Quakers in Philadelphia, pamphlets on Thomas Jefferson, pamphlets on the history of Philadelphia, and articles on World War I from "The Christian Century."
Joshua Cresson diary
The volume provides an account of the Philadelphia Yellow Fever epidemic in 1793, and is largely religious in nature. Entries describe the illness, as well as the death and burial of many members of Cresson’s community. The volume includes a note signed by Mary Cresson, Cresson's wife, which she addressed to their children, so that they would understand the circumstances of their father's death.
Earnest Workers records
This collection is comprised of the minutes and annual reports for the Earnest Workers of Philadelphia.
Friends Burial Ground, Philadelphia records
Handwritten records related to the establishment of the Friends Burial Ground in Philadelphia.
Joseph Gibbons account book
The account book of John Gibbons's household expenses includes payments for dry goods, wages for servants, saddles, and services, such as sending out the washing or a home visit from a doctor.
Benjamin S. Jones papers
This collection contains correspondence related to the manuscripts of Benjamin Jones, as well as two of his typed manuscripts.
This collection is comprised of the maps from the Quaker collection.
Morris family commonplace book
The commonplace book of the Morris family includes copied extracts from the journals of Margaret Morris, which include a description of Yellow Fever in Philadelphia in 1793, as well as copied poems, letters written by Mary Morris and Richard Hill Morris, and a clipped illustration depicting early settlers.
Marriott C. Morris scrapbooks
Marriot C. Morris's scrapbooks are largely comprised of clippings, pamphlets, and brochures related to travel, bicycling, Haverford College, and the history of Philadelphia and Germantown.
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 14
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Quakers 13
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- History 9
- Philadelphia (Pa.) 5
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- History -- Sources 4
- correspondence 4
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 3
- diaries 3
- financial records 3
- manuscripts (documents) 3
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 2
- Yellow fever 2
- clippings (information artifacts) 2
- deeds 2
- maps (documents) 2
- scrapbooks 2
- Antislavery movements -- United States 1
- Burial -- Pennsylvania 1
- Cemeteries 1
- Charities -- Pennsylvania 1
- Civic leaders -- Pennsylvania 1
- Cycling 1
- Drama 1
- Germantown (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Germantown (Philadelphia, Pa.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Land use -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Pennsylvania 1
- Pennsylvania -- History -- Sources 1
- Poetry 1
- Quaker abolitionists 1
- Quaker philanthropists 1
- Quaker women 1
- Quaker women -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- 20th century -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- Societies, etc. 1
- Real property -- Pennsylvania 1
- Real property -- Pennsylvania -- Pike County 1
- Society of Friends -- Charities 1
- Women civic leaders -- Pennsylvania 1
- Women philanthropists -- Pennsylvania 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- Yellow fever -- History 1
- account books 1
- commonplace books 1 ∧ less
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends Library 2
- Brate, Charlotte 1
- Bunting, Samuel J., 1862-1946 1
- Cresson, Joshua 1
- Earnest Workers of Philadelphia 1
- Gibbons, Joseph 1
- Haverford College 1
- Jones, Benjamin S. 1
- Keith, George, 1639?-1716 1
- Morris family 1
- Morris, Margaret Hill 1
- Morris, Marriott Canby 1
- Penn, William, 1644-1718 1
- Perot, Sansom 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Meeting for Sufferings 1
- Shoemaker family 1
- Shoemaker, Mary Williams, 1861-1953 1
- Shoemaker, Thomas (Thomas Howard), 1851-1936 1 ∧ less