Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Overview Charlotte Brate's play, "Massacre," describes a fictional event in the life of William Penn. It takes place in Germantown, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in 1683, and describes the white settlers' fear of an "Indian massacre" and misunderstandings between the settlers and Indigenous populations.
Overview Samuel J. Bunting's scrapbook includes Quaker meeting minutes, sheet music, clippings related to the Society of Friends, poetry, printed religious illustrations of Quakers, materials related to the Sesqui-Centennial International Exposition, clippings related to history of Quakers in Philadelphia, pamphlets on Thomas Jefferson, pamphlets on the history of Philadelphia, and articles on World War I from "The Christian Century."
Overview This collection is comprised of the minutes and annual reports for the Earnest Workers of Philadelphia.
Overview Handwritten records related to the establishment of the Friends Burial Ground in Philadelphia.
Overview This collection is comprised of the maps from the Quaker collection.
Dates: 1770-1946, undated
Overview The commonplace book of the Morris family includes copied extracts from the journals of Margaret Morris, which include a description of Yellow Fever in Philadelphia in 1793, as well as copied poems, letters written by Mary Morris and Richard Hill Morris, and a clipped illustration depicting early settlers.
Overview This collection is comprised of the correspondence, financial records, and legal records of Sansom Perot Morris. The collection includes hand drawn maps of property, copies of Sansom Perot's will, loose financial documents, rent contracts, deeds, and correspondence.
Overview This collection is comprised of a single folder of miscellaneous papers related to the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting. The collection includes three handwritten pages of journal fragments, a handwritten interview with George Keith, as reported to PYM (1692), a photocopy and typed transcript of the PYM Declaration of Beliefs, three handwritten pages of minutes for the PYM Meeting for Suffering, and a typed informal report concerning Emergency Service Work (1917).
Dates: 1692, 1917
Overview Mary Williams Shoemaker (1861-1953) was a Quaker philanthropist from Germantown, Pennsylvania. She was the daughter of Franklin and Mary (Williams) Shoemaker. The collection contains chiefly journals (1934-1945) and correspondence (1914-1953) relating to Shoemaker's support of Quaker historical, educational, and social service agencies; together with correspondence of her brother, Thomas Howard Shoemaker (1851-1936), relating to his historical interests and civic activities. Includes deeds and...
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 8
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Quakers 7
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- History 6
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- History -- Sources 4
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 3
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 2
- correspondence 2
- deeds 2
- diaries 2
- maps (documents) 2
- Burial -- Pennsylvania 1
- Cemeteries 1
- Charities -- Pennsylvania 1
- Civic leaders -- Pennsylvania 1
- Drama 1
- Germantown (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Germantown (Philadelphia, Pa.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Land use -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Pennsylvania 1
- Pennsylvania -- History -- Sources 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.) 1
- Quaker philanthropists 1
- Quaker women 1
- Quaker women -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- 20th century -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- Societies, etc. 1
- Real property -- Pennsylvania 1
- Real property -- Pennsylvania -- Pike County 1
- Society of Friends -- Charities 1
- Women civic leaders -- Pennsylvania 1
- Women philanthropists -- Pennsylvania 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- Yellow fever 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- commonplace books 1
- financial records 1
- manuscripts (documents) 1
- scrapbooks 1 ∧ less
- Brate, Charlotte 1
- Bunting, Samuel J., 1862-1946 1
- Earnest Workers of Philadelphia 1
- Keith, George, 1639?-1716 1
- Morris family 1
- Morris, Margaret Hill 1
- Penn, William, 1644-1718 1
- Perot, Sansom 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends Library 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Meeting for Sufferings 1
- Shoemaker family 1
- Shoemaker, Mary Williams, 1861-1953 1
- Shoemaker, Thomas (Thomas Howard), 1851-1936 1 ∧ less