Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Overview Contains the papers of the Allen Family, a Quaker family of Philadelphia and Delaware County, Pennsylvania, which traced its ancestry back to one of William Penn's commissioners. Includes papers relating to the Allen and related Breidenhart, Casdorp, Gibbons, Hubley, Jacobs, Matlack, and Samuel families. The Allen family papers contain extensive genealogical material, family correspondence, journals and memorials which provide excellent source material on Quaker family life in the 19th century...
Scope and Contents Records of Philadelphia Monthly Meeting -- pre-Separation, Orthodox, and post-Reunification -- include: vital records, 1672-2000; men’s minutes, 1682-1978; women’s minutes, 1686-1926; financial records, 1683-1990; trustees’ records, 1683-1970; property records, 1683-1970; property committee records, 1697-1970; committee records, 1711-1970; miscellaneous papers, 1664-1974; Friends Select School records, 1832-1968; records of the Philadelphia Association for the Instruction of Poor Children,...
Scope and Contents Records include: pre-Separation and Hicksite minutes of the Women's Meeting; minutes of the pre-Separation and Hicksite Ministry & Council committee and its predecessor, the Preparative Meeting of Ministers & Elders; pre-Separation and Hicksite vital records since 1726, including births, deaths, burials, marriage and membership records, certificates of removal, etc. as well as other types of records.
Scope and Contents Records of Chestnut Hill Monthly Meeting, 1932-2007, include: burials chart; marriage certificates, 1941-2000; memberships, removals, transfer, 1934-90s; joint minutes, 1932-2007; ministers and elders minutes, 1940-1942, 1953-1973; overseers minutes, 1959-1973.
Scope and Contents Minutes and other records of Frankford Preparative Meeting, 1733-1928, as follows: Hicksite and Orthodox men's meeting minutes, 1772-1928; Hicksite and Orthodox women's meeting minutes, 1795-1907; minutes of the School Committee, 1783-1844; Hicksite financial records, including Treasurer's book, 1772-1928; Hicksite women's meeting (Germantown branch) account book, 1863-1877; School Committee account book,1783-1857 with receipt book, 1795-1798 and minutes, 1843-1852; carpentry agreement in the...
Scope and Contents Records include: Minutes of the pre-Separation and Orthodox men's meeting and later of joint sessions with women, 1756-1939; Hicksite men's minutes, 1877-1914; pre-Separation and Orthodox women's meeting minutes, 1784-1917; Hicksite women's minutes, 1877-1880; Orthodox account books 1739-1812, 1832-1938; Hicksite account books,1877-1914; Orthodox receipt books, 1859-1895; Orthodox membership, 1799-1843; Hicksite membership, 1807-1812, 1888-1911; Orthodox women's records, 1862-1902; building...
Scope and Contents Records of Green Street Monthly Meeting, 1775-2018. Includes: vital records; men's and joint session minutes; women's minutes; minutes of the Meeting on Worship and Ministry and of its predecessors, the Meeting of Ministers and Elders and the Meeting of Ministry and Counsel; financial and property records; and other miscellaneous records of its endeavors. The latter include various First Day schools, Greene Street Friends School; Fair Hill Meeting, Fair Hill Burial Ground, Frankford Friends...
Scope and Contents Records of Green Street Preparative Meeting, 1814-1914, as follows: minutes of the Hicksite men's meeting and joint sessions, 1814-1846, 1850-1858,1875-1914, 1846-1850; Hicksite women's meeting minutes, 1814-1827 and 1828-1902; Hicksite treasurer's book, 1849-1912; Hicksite school committee minutes, 1865-1877, 1884-1892, 1892-1904.
Scope and Contents Minutes of the men's meeting and later, of joint sessions with women; registers of births and deaths; marriage certificates; membership lists and registers; removals issued and received, and other vital records; women's minutes; ministers and elders' minutes; financial and property papers; minutes and other papers of the Race Street First Day School; records of the Library Association of Friends of Philadelphia; and other miscellaneous papers.
Scope and Contents Records of the Hicksite meeting include: vital records, 1833-1902; minutes, 1833-1903; women's minutes, 1833-1893; ministers and elders' minutes, 1834-1838 and 1845-1897; overseers' minutes, 1852-1871; account books and other financial records, 1834-1904; miscellaneous papers, 1782-1904.
- Subject: Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Genealogy X
- Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 10
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 10
- Delaware County (Pa.) -- Genealogy 1
- Delaware County (Pa.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Pennsylvania -- Genealogy 1
- Pennsylvania -- History -- Sources 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- biographies (documents) 1
- deeds 1
- diaries 1
- genealogies (histories) 1 ∧ less
- Monthly Meeting of Friends of Philadelphia 2
- Monthly Meeting of Friends of Philadelphia held at Spruce Street (Hicksite : 1833-1903) 2
- Allen family 1
- Allen, Charles, 1776-1843 1
- Allen, George Briedenhart, 1804-1869 1
- Breidenhart family 1
- Byberry Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends 1
- Casdorp family 1
- Central Philadelphia Monthly Meeting of Friends 1
- Chestnut Hill Monthly Meeting of Friends (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Frankford Preparative Meeting (Society of Friends : 1805-1827) 1
- Frankford Preparative Meeting (Society of Friends : Orthodox) 1
- Frankford Preparative Meeting of Friends (Hicksite) 1
- Germantown Preparative Meeting (Society of Friends : Orthodox) 1
- Germantown Preparative Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1877-1914) 1
- Gibbons family 1
- Green Street Monthly Meeting of Friends (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Green Street Preparative Meeting (Society of Friends) 1
- Hubley family 1
- Jacobs family 1
- Matlack family 1
- Monthly Meeting of Friends of Philadelphia (Hicksite) 1
- Samuel family 1
- Unity Monthly Meeting, Frankford (Society of Friends : Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Westtown Boarding School 1 ∧ less