Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Amy Grace Mekeel papers concerning Conservative Friends, New York Yearly Meeting
The collectionn contains Mekeel's notes and abstracts concerning Quaker meetings in the Scipio and Farmington Quarterly Meetings of New York Yearly Meeting, particularly concerning the various nineteenth century Orthodox separations. There is also a small group of correspondence focused on Quaker meeting records.
New York Yearly Meeting collection of papers concerning slavery
The collection contains a small number of miscellaneous papers relating to efforts within New York Yearly Meeting to support the manumission of enslaved people, abolition, and education of formerly enslaved people, 1778-1870. Most are copies of reports presented to New York Monthly Meeting or to the Yearly Meeting, compiled as a reference file.
Collection of sufferings of Flushing Friends during the American Revolution
Contains a document listing the Sufferings of Friends belonging to Flushing Monthly Meeting given to the Committee appointed to inspect the Sufferings of Friends, 1782. Also, accounts submitted by individuals and related epistles, 1775 and 1778, from London and Philadelphia Yearly Meetings.
Joseph Tallcot correspondence
Contains five letters from Quaker educator Joseph Talcot, including one to New York Yearly Meeting for Sufferings and four to Samuel Parsons (1744-1841), long-time elder and clerk of New York Yearly Meeting. The letters deal with concerns of the Meeting for Suffering and providing literature to Friends in remote quarterly meetings.
Alson D. Van Wagner New York Yearly Meeting Papers
Contains research, drafts and correspondence collected by Alson D. Van Wagner concerning two New York Yearly Meeting publications, Quaker Crosscurrents: Three Hundred Years of Friends in the New York Yearly Meeting, published in 1995, and New York Yearly Meeting Directory 1993. Of particular interest is the research done on identifying New York Yearly Meeting women ministers.
Daniel P. Whitley correspondence with New York Yearly Meeting Friends
The collections contains correspondence between Daniel P. Whitley with Friends in New York Meeting concerning issues of faith. Primary correspondent is Joseph A. Vlaskamp, General Secretary of the Yearly Meeting.
- Quakers -- New York (State) 3
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) 3
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 2
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) -- History 2
- Flushing (New York, N.Y.) -- History 1
- New York (State) -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 1
- Quaker educators 1
- Quaker women 1
- Quaker women ministers 1
- Quakers -- Abolitionists 1
- Quakers -- Education 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- History -- Sources 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- New York -- History 1
- Quakers -- Persecutions 1
- Quakers -- Slavery -- Anti-slavery movements 1
- Society of Friends -- Antislavery movement 1
- Society of Friends -- Clergy 1
- Society of Friends -- Doctrines 1
- Society of Friends -- Hicksite separation 1
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Society of Friends -- Peace testimony 1
- Society of Friends -- Schisms and separations 1
- Society of Friends -- Sufferings 1
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 1
- War -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends 1 ∧ less
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Meeting for Sufferings 2
- Parsons, Samuel, 1774-1841 2
- Mekeel, Amy Grace, 1885-1976 1
- Monthly Meeting of New York (Society of Friends : approximately 1671-1828 : New York, N.Y.) 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Orthodox : 1828-1955). Farmington Quarterly Meeting (1828-1955) 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Orthodox : 1828-1955). Scipio Quarterly Meeting 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Scipio Quarterly Meeting 1
- Tallcot, Joseph, 1768-1853 1
- Vlaskamp, Joseph A., 1929-2001 1
- Whitley, Daniel P., 1945- 1 ∧ less