Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
The collectionn contains Mekeel's notes and abstracts concerning Quaker meetings in the Scipio and Farmington Quarterly Meetings of New York Yearly Meeting, particularly concerning the various nineteenth century Orthodox separations. There is also a small group of correspondence focused on Quaker meeting records.
Some memorandum of the proceedings of the Select Preparative and Monthly Meeting of Jericho, in the case of Anne Willis, Thomas Willis, and Phebe Willis,
This volume contains two copies in the same hand of the account of the charge against Anne, Thomas, and Phebe Willis before Jericho Preparative and Monthly Meetings and their defense of their views; the first version includes a copy of the essay written and signed in their defense, and the second version omits the essay but includes more detail about Elias Hicks' remarks.
- Church controversies -- Society of Friends 1
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- New York -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- New York (State) 1
- Hicks, Elias, 1748-1830 1
- Jericho Preparative Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Nassau County, N.Y.) 1
- Mekeel, Amy Grace, 1885-1976 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends 1
- New York Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends (Orthodox : 1828-1955). Farmington Quarterly Meeting (1828-1955) 1