Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
The Northern Association of the City and County of Philadelphia for the Relief and Employment of Poor Women records
This Hicksite Quaker women's charity was organized in 1844 and incorporated in 1856. Its mission was to provide employment in sewing for poor women. Lucretia Mott served as president until 1866. The Association went out of existence in 1926. The collection contains legal documents, financial records, membership list (1849-1872), reports, correspondence, and related papers.
- Subject: Quakers -- Pennsylvania X
- Subject: Nonprofit organizations -- Pennsylvania X
- Subject: Women in charitable work -- Pennsylvania X
- Subject: Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia X
- Names: Northern Association of the City and County of Philadelphia for the Relief and Employment of Poor Women X