Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Overview The Byberry Friends Association was a Quaker group which met monthly in Byberry, Pa, to hear papers on a variety of topics and to discuss issues of the day. This collection contains the records of the Friends Association of Byberry, 1900-1932.
Overview Friends Reading Circle of Media was a Quaker book group established in 1877 in Media, Pennsylvania, for the purpose of discussing Quaker and other religious writings and as a social gathering for Friends. This collection contains its minutes, 1877-1891. Also included are minutes of the Friends Reading Circle for the Northern District, 1875-1876, whose secretary, Elton B. Gifford, moved to the Media area in 1877.
Overview Friends Social Union was a Hicksite Quaker social club established in 1907 in Ambler, Pennsylvania. The collection contains minutes, 1907 1924.
Overview Alice C. Paxson Hadley (1857-1919) was the daughter of Frederick and Lydia Betts Paxson, Philadelphia Hicksite Quakers. She was a founding member of the Thread and Needle Society, a social and charitable club of young Friends. Alice kept a diary that recorded events and meetings of the group 1873 to 1880 which were transcribed by her granddaughter, and she collected memorabilia and speeches she presented.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1873 - 1897; 1873-1897, 2015
Overview Media Friends Association, a Quaker study and social group, was established in 1894 in Media, Pennsylvania, by members of Providence Preparative Meeting (Hicksite). The goal of the Association was to further discussion and knowledge of the history and testimonies of Friends, and the meetings, which included reports, papers, and readings, were open to all who were interested. The collection contains one volume of minutes, with constitution and by-laws included.
Overview The Ozone Club was a golf association for Quaker men in the Philadelphia area. It was established in 1901 and included in its membership the presidents of Swarthmore College and prominent Quakers. The Niblick Club which was set-off from the Ozone Club in the 1920s, also was a men's golf association with Quaker membership. The Ozone Club records include minute books, correspondence and miscellaneous papers. A small amount of records from the Niblick Club is also included with the collection,...
Overview Philadelphia Quaker Women was a organization, informal in structure and membership, which worked with the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends to address the concerns of women. It was laid down in 1970. This collection contains minutes, financial reports, correspondence, and miscellaneous material, 1961-1971.
Overview Philadelphia Young Friends' Association was a Hicksite organization established in 1888 for educational and social purposes. The Young Friends Association established and operated The Whittier, a hotel and social center in Philadelphia. The name of the Association was changed in 1957 to The Whittier Association. The collection contains minutes, financial records, correspondence, and other records.
Overview The Union Lyceum, established 1875, was a literary society whose membership consisted primarily of members of the Society of Friends in the Ambler and Gwynedd area of Montgomery County, Pa. The records contain minutes 1875-1900 (gap 1891-1900) and the 25th Anniversary Program.
Overview Young Friends' Association (Kennett Square, Pa.), a Quaker social and study group, was established in 1892 in Kennett Square, Pa. This collection contains the constitution and minutes, 1892-1905, in one bound volume.
- Literature -- Societies, etc. 4
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 3
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 3
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Media 2
- Society of Friends -- History -- Societies, etc. 2
- Youth -- Pennsylvania 2
- Youth -- Religious life 2
- Youth -- Societies and clubs 2
- Byberry (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Community centers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Golf -- Pennsylvania 1
- Golf -- Societies, etc. 1
- Hotels -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quaker women -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Ambler 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Delaware County 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Kennett Square 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Montgomery County 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- West Chester 1
- Societies -- Pennsylvania 1
- Societies -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Societies -- Pennsylvania -- West Chester 1
- Society of Friends -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Ambler 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Kennett Square 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Media -- Societies, etc. 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Society of Friends -- Societies, etc. 1
- Sports -- Pennsylvania -- Societies, etc. 1
- Taverns (Inns) -- Pennsylvania 1
- West Chester (Pa.) 1
- Youth movements -- United States 1 ∧ less
- Young Friends' Association (New York, N.Y.) 2
- Atkinson, Caroline J., 1881-1953 1
- Byberry Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends 1
- Carter, Arabella, 1867- 1
- Erb, Christine 1
- Friends Association of Byberry 1
- Friends Reading Circle for the Northern District (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Friends Reading Circle of Media (Pa.) 1
- Friends Social Union (Ambler, Pa.) 1
- Gwynedd Monthly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1936) 1
- Hadley, Alice Paxson 1
- Lippincott, H. Mather, Jr. (Horace Mather), 1921-2010 1
- Media Friends' Association (Media, Pa.) 1
- Niblick Club 1
- Ozone Golf Club 1
- Philadelphia Quaker Women (Organization) 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends Library 1
- Philadelphia Young Friends' Association 1
- Providence Preparative Meeting of Friends (Media, Pa.) 1
- Smedley family 1
- The Whittier Association (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Thread and Needle Society 1
- Union Lyceum (Montgomery County, Pa.) 1
- Whittier (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Young Friends' Association (Kennett Square, Pa.) 1
- Young Friends' Association (West Chester, Pa.) 1 ∧ less