Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Overview The Home for the Moral Reform of Destitute Colored Children, an Orthodox Quaker charity which provided shelter and education for black children, was organized in 1854 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Home was incorporated in 1860. By the end of the 19th century, the organization's primary function was providing financial support for other educational and shelter programs for black youths, including The Shelter (Association for the Care of Colored Orphans). This bound volume contains the...
- Subject: Quakers -- Societies, etc X
- Subject: African Americans -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- Population X
- Subject: Education -- Pennsylvania X
- Subject: Charities -- Pennsylvania X
- Subject: African American children -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia X
- Subject: Nonprofit organizations -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia X