Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
The Chester Friends Association was established in Chester, Pennsylvania, in 1901 as a society to study Quaker history and literature. This collection contains the record book of Chester Friends Association, a society to study Quaker history and literature. The volume contains minutes, constitution, and by-laws.
The Byberry Friends Association was a Quaker group which met monthly in Byberry, Pa, to hear papers on a variety of topics and to discuss issues of the day. This collection contains the records of the Friends Association of Byberry, 1900-1932.
Friends Circle, a Quaker study and social group, was established in Baltimore, Maryland, in 1884. The group met regularly to discuss topics of mutual interest. The collection contains four volumes of bound minutes, 1884-1896.
The Friends Literary and Library Association was a Hicksite Quaker organization formed in New York City in 1880 to provide the opportunity for mutual improvement in religious and literary subjects. Records from 1880 to 1906 include minutes, treasurers' records, and library catalogues.
Friends Reading Circle of Media was a Quaker book group established in 1877 in Media, Pennsylvania, for the purpose of discussing Quaker and other religious writings and as a social gathering for Friends. This collection contains its minutes, 1877-1891. Also included are minutes of the Friends Reading Circle for the Northern District, 1875-1876, whose secretary, Elton B. Gifford, moved to the Media area in 1877.
Friends Social Lyceum, a Quaker social and study group, was established by 1872 in Wilmington, Delaware. This collection contains the minutes, 1872-1881, in two bound volumes.
Friends Social Union was a Hicksite Quaker social club established in 1907 in Ambler, Pennsylvania. The collection contains minutes, 1907 1924.
The Trenton Friends Association was formed in 1892 in Trenton, New Jersey, to promote “a thorough knowledge of the history and testimonies of the Society of Friends.” Meetings were held monthly, except in the summer, in the Trenton Friends meeting house. Papers were presented on a variety of topics. The collection contains minutes, constitution and bylaws, and manuscripts of papers read at meetings.
Trenton Friends Literary Society was formed by a group of Quakers in Trenton, New Jersey, who met every two weeks at members' homes to discuss books, poetry and lectures. Collection contains Minutes of Trenton Friends Literary Society, 1893-1903. Also includes 1893 essay by Dr. Laura Satterthwaite, entitled An Appeal for Loyalty to Truth rather than Sect.
The Union Lyceum, established 1875, was a literary society whose membership consisted primarily of members of the Society of Friends in the Ambler and Gwynedd area of Montgomery County, Pa. The records contain minutes 1875-1900 (gap 1891-1900) and the 25th Anniversary Program.
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 9
- Society of Friends -- History -- Societies, etc. 4
- Quakers -- New Jersey -- Trenton 2
- Society of Friends -- New Jersey -- Trenton 2
- Byberry (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Quakers -- Delaware -- Wilmington 1
- Quakers -- Maryland -- Baltimore 1
- Quakers -- New Jersey -- Mercer County 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Ambler 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Chester 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Media 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Montgomery County 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Societies -- New Jersey -- Trenton 1
- Society of Friends -- Adult education 1
- Society of Friends -- Doctrines -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Ambler 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Chester 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Media -- Societies, etc. 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1 ∧ less
- Atkinson, Caroline J., 1881-1953 1
- Byberry Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends 1
- Carter, Arabella, 1867- 1
- Chester Friends Association (Chester, Pa.) 1
- Cox, John, 1860-1951 1
- Friends Association of Byberry 1
- Friends Circle (Organization) (Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Friends Literary and Library Association of New York 1
- Friends Reading Circle for the Northern District (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Friends Reading Circle of Media (Pa.) 1
- Friends Social Lyceum (Wilmington, Del.) 1
- Friends Social Union (Ambler, Pa.) 1
- Gwynedd Monthly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1936) 1
- Hutchinson, J. William 1
- McDowell, Mary J. 1
- Satterthwaite, Laura H., d.1942 1
- Smith, Benjamin, b. 1840 1
- Swarthmore College 1
- Trenton Friends Association (Trenton, N.J.) 1
- Trenton Friends Literary Society 1
- Underhill, Rachel W., 1844-1923 1
- Union Lyceum (Montgomery County, Pa.) 1 ∧ less