Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Overview Albert Lamborn Green (1845-1947) was a Quaker Indian Agent for the Otoe Agency in Nebraska during the period of President Grant's "peace policy," 1869-1872. The bulk of the correspondence in this collection is comprised of letters written to Green from Philadelphia Friends in regard to gifts in support of Indian work. Later letters written by Green describe from memory the social life and customs of the Otoe Indians. The collection has information on the Otoe language, vocabulary, etc., and...
- Subject: Society of Friends X
- Subject: Church work with Indians -- Society of Friends X
- Subject: Society of Friends -- Indian affairs X
- Names: Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1955). Joint Committee on Indian Affairs (1869-1892) X
- Names: United States. Office of Indian Affairs. Otoe Agency X
- Library: Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College X