Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Friends' Indian Aid Association of Philadelphia was an organization of Hicksite Quakers in Philadelphia founded in 1869 to solicit donations of money and goods to distribute to the Indian tribes in Nebraska assigned to the care of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Hicksite) during the period of Grant's peace policy. The collection includes reports and minutes, financial reports, correspondence, and lists of goods.
- Subject: Society of Friends X
- Subject: Indians of North America -- Government relations -- 1869-1934 X
- Subject: Quakers -- Pennsylvania X
- Subject: Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia X
- Names: Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1955). Joint Committee on Indian Affairs (1869-1892) X
- Library: Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College X