Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Overview The Lightfoot family was a Pennsylvania Quaker family descended from Thomas Lightfoot, a Quaker minister who emigrated from Ireland to Kennett Monthly Meeting in 1716 with his family. The collection includes three journals which have been attributed to his grandson Thomas on the basis of contextual detail. These accounts document visits to meetings in the mid Atlantic region, New Jersey to Virginia, from 1757 to 1760. Jacob Lightfoot, a son of Thomas and Sarah Lightfoot, married Mary...
Dates: 1737-ca. 1948
- Subject: Society of Friends X
- Subject: Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania X
- Subject: Church work with Indians -- Society of Friends X
- Names: Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1955). Joint Committee on Indian Affairs (1869-1892) X
- Names: Lightfoot, Susanna 1720 1781 (Susanna Hudson Hatton Lightfoot) X