Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
The Burr Collection includes manuscripts which document the Hicksite position during the Separation of 1827/28 in Philadelphia Yearly Meeting and the trial over the Crosswicks School Fund. It is directly related to the Southard Papers/RG5/312, which contain a more complete description of the controversy. It also includes Burr's manuscript on the History of the Society of Friends which he compiled for Southard as background in preparing his case representing the Hicksite position.
Collection includes biographical material, printed copies of selected writings of T. Canby Jones.
The Trenton Friends Association was formed in 1892 in Trenton, New Jersey, to promote “a thorough knowledge of the history and testimonies of the Society of Friends.” Meetings were held monthly, except in the summer, in the Trenton Friends meeting house. Papers were presented on a variety of topics. The collection contains minutes, constitution and bylaws, and manuscripts of papers read at meetings.
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 2
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection 1
- Church controversies -- Society of Friends 1
- Lay ministry -- Society of Friends 1
- Literature -- Societies, etc. 1
- Quakers -- New Jersey -- Mercer County 1
- Quakers -- New Jersey -- Trenton 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Quakers -- Societies, etc. 1
- Societies -- New Jersey -- Trenton 1
- Society of Friends -- Hicksite separation 1
- Society of Friends -- History -- Societies, etc. 1
- Society of Friends -- New Jersey -- Trenton 1
- Society of Friends -- Peace testimony 1 ∧ less
- Burr, George H. (George Harris), born 1791 1
- Crosswicks Preparative Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1919-1958) 1
- Jones, T. Canby (Thomas Canby), 1921-2014 1
- McClintock, Thomas, 1792?-1876 1
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1955) 1