Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
George M. Justice was a successful Philadelphia merchant and important Hicksite Quaker. Beginning in 1825 until shortly before his death, he kept volumes of memorandum reflecting his thoughts on religion, the Hicksite Separation and its aftermath in Philadelphia, family information, astronomy, slavery, and other topics.
- Subject: Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania
- Subject: Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia
- Subject: Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia
- Subject: Marriage -- Religious aspects -- Society of Friends
- Library: Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College