Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents Records of Central Philadelphia Monthly Meeting of Friends, 1926-91. Includes minutes, 1956-89, and records of the Race Street Forum Committee.
Overview Fair Hill Burial Ground was established on land bequeathed by George Fox in 1690 to Friends in Pennsylvania, including six acres "for a meeting house and school house and a burying place." Part of the land was set aside as a burial ground as early 1707, but there were few interments. In 1830, it was proposed that a burial ground be established for three Hicksite Philadelphia Monthly meetings, Philadelphia, Spruce Street, and Green Street. In 1985, the property was sold to Ephesians Baptist...
Scope and Contents Minutes of the men's meeting and later, of joint sessions with women; registers of births and deaths; marriage certificates; membership lists and registers; removals issued and received, and other vital records; women's minutes; ministers and elders' minutes; financial and property papers; minutes and other papers of the Race Street First Day School; records of the Library Association of Friends of Philadelphia; and other miscellaneous papers.
- Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 2
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Cemeteries -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- Genealogy 1
- Quaker cemeteries -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Central Philadelphia Monthly Meeting of Friends 2
- Monthly Meeting of Friends of Philadelphia held at Spruce Street (Hicksite : 1833-1903) 2
- Fair Hill Burial Ground 1
- Green Street Monthly Meeting of Friends (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Green Street Monthly Meeting of Friends (Philadelphia, Pa.). Fair Hill Friends' Meeting 1