Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
This album contains notes from friends of Roberts Canby from 1834 to 1835, mostly his peers at Haverford College. The entries include prose or poetry, a signature, the hometown of the signer, their college, and the date. The book itself is a published book with illustrations at the top of every page.
William Canby's diary details his two years (1837-1839) as a student at Haverford College including extracurriculars, academics, weather, and social excursions.
This collection contains one volume, a commonplace book for Thomas Pim Cope Jr. from 1835.
This collection is comprised mostly of journals that Charles Edward Gause wrote, including during travels with friends. There are also some letters.
The Henry Hale Graham Sharpless commonplace book was created during Sharpless' time at Haverford College. Sharpless graduated class of 1840, but the book notes many written records and excerpts during 1839 in his junior year. The book contains carving prints from various artists paired with excerpts hand written by Sharpless himself.
The Thomas Wildes commonplace book contains a variety of texts written, or copied, by Thomas Wildes. It is over 140 pages long and it was created in 1856, after Wildes had entered Haverford College.
The commonplace book was created while Winslow was attending Haverford College. Winslow entered the college in 1838 in the Junior class, and transcribed many songs during his time there. Handwritten notes and excerpts can be found in the songbook as well. The book ends in 1840, presumably when Winslow graduated. He later went on to become a professor, physician, and surgeon in Baltimore, Maryland.
A collection of poems compiled by Charles Wood during his time at Haverford College. These poems were transcribed by Wood and other classmates from 1866 to 1870, and detail religious, spiritual, and patriotic poems at the time. After his time at Haverford, Wood went on to recieve his Doctorate of Divinity in 1885, but records in the commonplace book stop after 1870.
This is a commonplace book with signatures of several well known Quakers who were connected with Westtown School and Haverford College. It includes signatures and notes from officers and peers, mainly from Haverford class of 1858. Along with the autographs are the dates they were collected, the hometown of the person, and the place where the autograph was collected.
- Haverford (Pa.) 8
- correspondence 2
- diaries 2
- Abolitionists 1
- Abolitionists -- United States -- History -- 19th century 1
- Antislavery movements -- United States 1
- Debates and debating 1
- Germantown (Philadelphia, Pa.) 1
- Mathematics 1
- Philadelphia (Pa.) 1
- Physicians 1
- Quaker women 1
- Quakers 1
- Quakers -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- Travel 1
- Sermons 1
- Society of Friends 1
- Wills 1
- account books 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- deeds 1
- estate records 1
- family papers 1
- genealogical tables 1
- manuscripts (documents) 1
- obituaries 1
- photographs 1
- prayers (documents) 1 ∧ less
- Canby, Roberts M. , 1819-1854 1
- Canby, William, 1822-1897 1
- Cope, Thomas Pim 1
- Gause, Charles Edward, Jr 1
- Gibbons, Hannah, d. 1868 1
- Haverford Loganian Society 1
- Penn Literary Society 1
- Potts, Ethel Rhoads, 1870-1962 1
- Rhoads family 1
- Rhoads, Anne Gibbons, 1809-1890 1
- Rhoads, Edward, 1841-1871 1
- Rhoads, Edward, 1873-1903 1
- Rhoads, Jane Gibbons, 1870-1897 1
- Rhoads, Jane Gibbons, d. 1860 1
- Rhoads, Lydia Wistar, b. 1868 1
- Rhoads, Samuel, 1806-1868 1
- Rhoads, Samuel, b. 1878 1
- Rhoads, Sarah Wistar, 1839-1920 1
- Rhoads, William Gibbons, Jr., 1838-1880 1
- Rhoads, William Gibbons, b. 1876 1
- Sharpless, Henry Hale G. 1
- Wildes, Thomas, 1839-1907 1
- Wing, Asa S. (Asa Shove), 1850-1931 1
- Wing, Sophia Rhoads, 1850-1901 1
- Winslow, John Randolph, 1820-1866 1
- Wood, Charles 1
- Wood, Randolph, 1845-1876 1 ∧ less