Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Rowland Greene was a Quaker minister from Rhode Island. His diary entries focus largely on religious visits Greene made throughout New England, as well as Quaker meetings he attended, social calls, family news, deaths within the Quaker community, and passages of religious reflection.
Travel journal of Samuel Newitt. Entries detail Newitt's journey to Rhode Island, including descriptions of visits with Friends and attendance at Meetings in various towns in Rhode Island.
John Parrish was a member and minister of the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting. His diaries describe his travels to Quaker families, including those disowned by their Meeting, throughout Rhode Island, Maryland, New York, and Pennsylvania.
The diary of Rebecca Scattergood's trip to Nantucket from the fall of 1774 to the spring of 1775. Entries describe travel to Nantucket from Philadelphia, remedies for various illnesses, attendance at meetings, and social calls.
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections 4
- Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College 1
- Quakers -- Diaries 4
- Rhode Island 4
- travel literature 4
- Quakers -- History 2
- Quakers -- Rhode Island 2
- Quakers -- Travel 2
- New York (State) 1
- Quaker abolitionists 1
- Quakers -- 19th century -- Diaries 1
- Quakers -- California 1
- Quakers -- Connecticut 1
- Quakers -- New York (State) 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania 1
- Quakers -- Social life and customs 1
- Slavery and the church -- Society of Friends 1
- Society of Friends -- Clergy -- Diaries 1
- Society of Friends -- Hicksite separation 1 ∧ less
- Burdick family 1
- Collins family 1
- Collins, Abel, 1770-1834 1
- Collins, Francis W., 1845-1887 1
- Greene, Rowland 1