Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
This collection is comprised of the papers of Elizabeth Cadwallader Comfort, and include certificates of removal, clippings, correspondence, diaries, extracts, recipe books, wills, and miscellaneous items from various members of her family.
The commonplace book of Mary Kite includes extracts from her diary, correspondence, and an account of a religious visit to North Carolina. Diary entries concern family news, as well as Kite's attendance at Quaker meetings and social events.
The commonplace book of the Morris family includes copied extracts from the journals of Margaret Morris, which include a description of Yellow Fever in Philadelphia in 1793, as well as copied poems, letters written by Mary Morris and Richard Hill Morris, and a clipped illustration depicting early settlers.
This collection is comprised of the papers of Hannah Milhous Vernon, and includes two unbound commonplace books, the loose pages of Vernon's diaries, and a single unbound volume of meeting minutes for the Damorris Monthly Meeting of Women Friends.
- Quaker women 3
- Quakers 3
- correspondence 2
- minutes (administrative records) 2
- Philadelphia (Pa.) -- History 1
- Quaker women -- United States 1
- Quakers -- Family relationships 1
- Quakers -- Ohio 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Quakers -- Travel 1
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- History -- Sources 1
- Wills 1
- Yellow fever 1
- autograph albums 1
- clippings (information artifacts) 1
- cookbooks 1
- financial records 1
- genealogies (histories) 1
- letters (correspondence) 1
- manuscripts (documents) 1
- photograph albums 1
- scrapbooks 1 ∧ less
- Comfort, Elizabeth Cadwallader 1
- Kite, Mary, 1793?-1861 1
- Morris family 1
- Morris, Margaret Hill 1
- Vernon, Hannah Milhous 1