Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Jane Rhoads Morris's journal was written for her family at home during her trip to Canada during August and September, 1889. Her daily entries describe, in detail, her experiences camping in the Canadian wilderness, accompanied by her cousins and Indigenous people they employed to paddle them in canoes to and from each campsite, as well as interactions with Indigenous people the group meets during their travels.
Journal entries describe Pugh's travel from St. Louis, Missouri, to Lawrence, Kansas, Quaker meetings attended, meetings with "Indian agents" and officials, and visits to tribes and make payments.
William Savery's diaries. The majority of the first volume concerns the Treaty at Canandaigua, and the remaining volumes are accounts of religious visits Savery made throughout Europe. Entries generally describe details of travel between destinations, Quaker meetings attended, Quaker families visited, and descriptions of each location's culture, food, language, style of dress, and form of local government.
Entries describe Sharpless's travel to, and time spent in, Cornplanter's village during 1798.
Henry Simmons was a Quaker missionary to the Seneca Nation and a member Middletown Monthly Meeting. Henry Simmons's journals are related to time Simmons spent with the Oneida and Seneca tribes.
- Indians of North America 4
- Quakers -- History 3
- Seneca Indians 3
- Six Nations -- History 3
- Quakers -- Travel 2
- Society of Friends -- Indian affairs 2
- Camping 1
- Canada 1
- Cherokee Indians 1
- England 1
- Europe 1
- Indians of North America -- Government relations 1
- Indians of North America -- Missions 1
- Indians of North America -- Oklahoma 1
- Kickapoo Indians -- History 1
- Osage Indians -- History 1
- Quaker missionaries 1
- Quaker women -- United States 1
- Quakers -- Ireland 1
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia 1
- Shawnee Indians -- History 1
- Society of Friends -- Clergy -- Diaries 1
- Women travelers 1 ∧ less
- Cornplanter, Seneca chief 3
- Bacon, David 2
- Simmons, Henry 2
- Morris, Jane Rhoads 1
- Parrish, John, 1729-1807 1