Friends Social Union (Ambler, Pa.)
Scope and Contents
Friends Social Union was a Hicksite Quaker social club established in 1907 in Ambler, PA. The collection contains minutes, 1907 1924.
- Friends Social Union (Ambler, Pa.) (Organization)
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Collection is open for research.
Copyright and Rights Information
Permission to reuse, publish, or reproduce items in this collection beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to copyright law must be obtained from the copyright holder or their heirs/assigns. See http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC-RUU/1.0/.
Biographical / Historical
Friends Social Union was established in 1907 on the dissolution of the Ambler First Day School, due to the discontinuance of the Ambler indulged meeting. Meetings of the Friends Social Union were held in members' homes and at the Gwynedd Meeting House. They included discussion of current events, literature, Quaker history, and other topics of interest to the members, as well as musical interludes.
0.42 Linear Feet (1 box)
Friends Social Union was a Hicksite Quaker social club established in 1907 in Ambler, Pennsylvania. The collection contains minutes, 1907 1924.
For current information on the location of materials, please consult the Library's online catalog.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Gwynedd Monthly Meeting
Removed from Gwynedd Monthly Meeting Records in 1991 and catalogued separately.
- Friends Social Union (Ambler, Pa.)
- Gwynedd Monthly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1827-1936)
- Literature -- Societies, etc.
- Quakers -- Pennsylvania -- Ambler
- Quakers -- Social life and customs
- Quakers -- Societies, etc.
- Society of Friends -- History -- Societies, etc.
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Ambler
- An Inventory of the Friends Social Union (Ambler, Pa.) Records, 1907-1924
- FHL staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Encoding made possible by a grant by the Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation to the Philadelphia Consortium of Special Collections Libraries
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore Pennsylvania 19081 USA