Lavinia Lloyd Knight Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains correspondence with Knight's sister, Elizabeth Knorr Knight (1814-1841), lesson book and journal kept as student (1830-1832) of Eli Hilles (1783-1863), essays, poems, biographical material, and other papers.
- Knight, Lavinia Lloyd, 1816-1863 (Person)
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Collection is open for research.
Copyright and Rights Information
Friends Historical Library believes all of the items in this collection to be in the Public Domain in the United States, and is not aware of any restrictions on their use. However, the user is responsible for making a final determination of copyright status before reproducing. See http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-US/1.0/.
Biographical / Historical
Lavinia Lloyd Knight (1816-1863) was a Quaker, of Wilmington, Delaware.
0.25 Linear Feet (1 box)
Lavinia Lloyd Knight (1816-1863) was a Quaker, of Wilmington, Delaware. The collection contains corresondence with Knight's sister, Elizabeth Knorr Knight (1814-1841), lesson book and journal kept as student (1830-1832) of Eli Hilles (1783-1863), essays, poems, biographical material, and other papers.
- Albums of Lavinia Lloyd Knight
- Miscellaneous papers
For current information on the location of materials, please consult the Library's online catalog.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donor: Laura Pedrick Cheney, 1944
The collection was given by a descendant.
- Delaware -- History -- Sources
- Education -- Delaware
- Education -- Delaware
- Education -- Delaware -- Wilmington
- Knight family
- Quaker women -- Delaware
- Quakers -- 19th century -- Diaries
- Quakers -- Delaware
- Quakers -- Social life and customs
- Students -- Delaware
- Wilmington (Del.) -- History -- Sources
- An Inventory of the Lavinia Lloyd Knight Papers, 1825-1857
- FHL staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Encoding made possible by a grant by the Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation to the Philadelphia Consortium of Special Collections Libraries
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting or requesting reproductions from Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore Pennsylvania 19081 USA