Palmer Genealogical Manuscript and Deeds
Scope and Contents
The collection contains a Palmer family genealogy written by Sarah Moore Fell (1822-1911) and an accompanying index compiled in 1966. The collection also contains deeds and legal papers concerning the Middletown Township, Bucks County, Pa., property purchased by the donor (a Palmer descendant).
- 1722-1966 [bulk 1898}
- Fell, Sarah M. (Person)
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Collection is open for research.
Copyright and Rights Information
Some of the items in this collection may be protected by copyright. The user is solely responsible for making a final determination of copyright status. If copyright protection applies, permission must be obtained from the copyright holder or their heirs/assigns to reuse, publish, or reproduce relevant items beyond the bounds of Fair Use or other exemptions to the law. See http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/UND/1.0/.
Biographical / Historical
The Palmer family was a Quaker family from Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
0.5 Linear Feet (1 box)
The Palmer family was a Quaker family descended from John and Christian Palmer, who settled in Bucks County, Pennsylvania., in 1683. Sarah M. Fell (1824-1911), who compiled the genealogy, was a Hicksite Quaker from Wilmington, Delaware, and a Palmer descendent. The collection contains a family genealogy compiled by Sarah Moore Fell (1822-1911) in 1898, pictures, and an accompanying index compiled in 1966. The collection also contains some Bucks County property records including deeds and legal papers
For current information on the location of materials, please consult the Library's online catalog
Sarah M. Fell, the author, gave the original manuscript genealogy to her cousin, Amos Satterthwaite. After his death, his widow, Elizabeth Simpson Satterthwaite, gave the manuscript to her niece, Anna S. Palmer, who was a descendent of John and Christian Palmer. Anna S. Palmer gave the manuscript to FHL in 1968.
Jane Brey was a genealogist, and the records related to the property which Anna S. Palmer purchased in 1873 were added to the collection in 1969.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donor: Anna S. Palmer, 1968 Donor: Property records, gift of Jane. W. T. Brey, 1969
Processed by FHL staff. Property records related to the property which Anna S. Palmer purchased in 1873 were added to the collection in 1969. Previously known as Palmer Family Papers.
- An Inventory of the Palmer Family Papers, 1722-1966 [bulk 1898]
- FHL staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Encoding made possible by a grant by the Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation to the Philadelphia Consortium of Special Collections Libraries
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore Pennsylvania 19081 USA